Canada is a hugely popular choice as an overseas study destination for a host of reasons. From secure environment to first-rate education system, abundant opportunities to buzzling city life and picturesque locations, Canada offers everything you could possibly want from life.
Population : 3.63 crores (2016)
GDP : 1.53 lakh crores USD (2016)
Number of universities : 98
Currency : CAD
Official Languages : English, French
Why Study in Canada ?
1. First rate education system in the world.
2. Immigration friendly country.
3. Large number of prestigious universities to choose from.
4. Low Tuition Fees.
5. Range of job focussed programmes with Co-op.
6. Strong growing economy with large manpower shortage.
Education System in Canada
Canadian education system consists of both public and private schools, Universities & Colleges, Community Colleges / Technical Institutes, Career Colleges, Language Schools and Secondary Schools.
The test required are;
1. IELTS or TOEFL scores or any equivalent as a proof of English Proficiency.
2. Diploma programs: Overall band score of 6.0.
3. Bachelor's Degree: Overall band score of 6.0.
4. Masters Programs: Overall band score of 6.0 – 6.5
Jan /May /September.
Cost Of Education
1. Diploma & Advanced Diploma Courses cost range from CAD$11,000 - CAD$13,000 per year depending on the course*.
2. Bachelor's Degrees cost range from CAD$13,000 - CAd$19,000 per year for most under-graduate degrees*
3. Post-graduate Degrees cost ranges from CAD$12,000 and ranges up to CAD$22,000*
Cost of Living
1. Approximately CAD 10000 - 120000 for 1st year.
Work Rights & Stay Back
1. Part time work right : Off campus 20 hours per week - 40 hours per week during vacation.
2. 40 Hours per week during vacation. No limit for on campus work.
3. upto 3 years stay back for ( 2 years study )or equal to the course duration if it is less than 2 years.