Malta is a member of the European Union (EU) since 2004 and the Schengen Zone since 2007. Malta is rich in history and a melting pot for cultures and civilizations. Malta has amicable relations with Mediterranean rim countries along with major countries that represent investment markets. Due to the bilateral agreements between Malta and other countries as well as Malta's strong economic links; Malta makes for a great business location and financial centre. The Citizenship by Investment program in Malta has been approved by the EU since 2014.
Population : 4.37 Lakhs
GDP : 1,094.91 crores USD (2016)
Number of universities : 300
Foreign Student Enrolment 2012/2013 : 425,260
Currency : Euro
Official Languages : Maltese
Why Study in Malta ?
1. The University of Malta is one of the world's oldest and most respected institutes of learning.
2. Malta is a wonderful study abroad destination for students who are more comfortable in English-speaking regions.
3. The weather, culture and cuisine are extraordinary.
4. Malta is a mecca for outdoor activities.
5. Malta is one of the safest countries in the world.
Education System in Malta
The higher education imparting bodies in Malta are
1. School education.
2. Higher education.
3. University level.
The test required are;
1. IELTS or TOEFL scores or any equivalent as a proof of English Proficiency.
2. Diploma programs: Overall band score of 5.0.
3. Bachelor's Degree: Overall band score of 6.0.
4. Masters Programs: Overall band score of 6.0 – 6.5
Cost Of Education
An average of 7500 pounds per year*.
Cost of Living
1. 11385 GBP (Inner London – 9 months).
2. 9135 GBP (Outer London – 9 months).
Work Rights & Stay Back
1. 20 hours per week ( 40 hours during vacation )full time work rights for spouses for Masters programme.
2. Post study work permit for students who secure a job offer with salary of 20,600GBP.
3. 1-4 Months visa extension.