Malaysia is a country of contrasts both in terms of culture and geography. It is a power house of business and trade in Southeast Asia. Malaysia has carved a niche for itself as the centre of academic excellence in the region. Excellent quality of living, affordable study costs and multiculturalism makes Malaysia one of the most irresistible study option for international students.
Capital: Kuala Lumpur
Population : 29.95 million
GDP : $17,500 (2013 EST.)
Number of universities : 120
Weather - Tropical weather year-round.
Currency : RM or MYR
Official Languages : Malay
Why Study in Malaysia ?
1. Politically Stable and Safe Country.
2. Business and trade hub of south east Asia.
3. World class quality education.
4. Trans-national Education & International Affiliations.
5. "2+1" twinning Degree Programmes.
6. Has many foreign university campuses.
Education System in Malaysia
The governing authority of higher educational institutions is the Ministry of Higher Education. The education system of Malaysia consist of;
1. Government-funded - public universities, polytechnics and colleges.
2. Private Higher Educational Institutions.
3. Non-university status institutions such as private colleges.
4. University status institutions such as private universities.
The test required are;
1. IELTS or TOEFL scores or any equivalent as a proof of English Proficiency.
2. Diploma programs: Overall band score of 5.0.
3. Bachelor's Degree: Overall band score of 6.0.
4. Masters Programs: Overall band score of 6.0 – 6.5
February /April/July /October /November.
Cost Of Education
1. Undergraduate study : RM 35000 - RM 40000*.
2. Post graduate study : RM 40000 - RM 50000.
3. Research: RM 58000 - RM 60000.
Cost of Living
RM 1,000(USD 313) to RM 1,500(USD 469) per month.
Work Rights & Stay Back
1. Allowed work at vacation time.