Italy is in the league of worlds most sought-after study abroad destinations, thanks to the stellar reputation of its educational institutions. Italy is counted as eight most industrialized countries in the world with a strong manufacturing industry and robust net work of scientific parks, offering ample scope for cutting edge research and job opportunities in diverse fields. Its world heritage sites, varied land and seascapes, easy going people, fashion and fabulous food makes Italy truly irresistible for international students.
Population : 61.3 million (2013)
GDP : 2071.31 billion US dollars (2013)
Number of universities : 89
Climate : Temperate climate with regional variations.
Currency : Euro
Official Languages : Italian
Why Study in Italy ?
1. Home to one of the oldest Universities in the Western world (The University of Bologna).
2. 15 Italian universities finds place in the list of Top 200 universities in the world.
3. Courses designed in collaboration with companies thus increasing employability.
4. English is the prime medium of instruction.
5. Italian language and intensive Italian programs are taught at all levels, from beginning to advance levels.
6. Scholarships Fee waivers, Free housing ,refectory meal tickets are provided for deserving students.
Education System in Italy
Currently the university sector comprise of 89 university institutions out of which;
1. 58 State universities and 17 non-State universities (legally recognized by the State).
2. 2 Universities for foreigners.
3. 6 Higher schools specialized in postgraduate university studies.
4. 6 Telematic universities.
The test required are;
1. IELTS or TOEFL scores or any equivalent as a proof of English Proficiency.
2. Diploma programs: Overall band score of 6.0.
3. Bachelor's Degree: Overall band score of 6.0.
4. Masters Programs: Overall band score of 6.0 – 6.5
The academic year comprise of two semesters. The first semester starts in September/October and ends in January/February. The second semester starts in February and ends in July.*
Cost Of Education
Approximately 3300 Euros per year, fee may vary depending on the university and course of study*.
Cost of Living
Varies considerably depending on location, though comes between 1000 and 1500 Euros.
Work Rights & Stay Back
Stay back of 6-12 months for masters/PhD and part time work rights of 20 hours per week.