France has a lot to offer to an international student be it in terms of its matchless world class education which is in tune with global job requirements , intellectual and artistic heritage or mesmerizing scenery. France has in store for you rich culture, fabulous food , priceless architecture and endless number of cafes, museums, galleries and cinemas offering an unparalleled experience all while you earn that priceless French qualification.
Population : 65,350,000 (2012)
GDP : 2734.95 billion US dollars
Number of universities : 87
Climate : Mild temperate climate throughout the year with seasonal variations
Currency : Euro
Official Languages : Franch
Why Study in France ?
1. France is one of the most appealing destination for students worldwide.
2. Paris has been voted as no 1 student city! (QS Best Student Cities, 2014).
3. 4th wealthiest country and 5th largest economy of the world.
4. Sandwich bachelors with 1 year Industry placement.
5. Over 5 French business schools are ranked among top 10 business schools in Europe.
6. Excellent environment that promotes innovation and entrepreneurship.
Education System in France
The higher education system of France consist of;
1. Public universities – Government funded and open to all meeting eligibility criteria.
2. Grandes écoles - Highly illustrious institutions hence admissions to these are based on entrance examinations scores.
3. Technical institutes – that imparts education in vocational subjects.
The test required are;
1. IELTS or TOEFL scores or any equivalent as a proof of English Proficiency.
2. Diploma programs: Overall band score of 5.0.
3. Bachelor's Degree: Overall band score of 6.0.
4. Masters Programs: Overall band score of 6.0 – 6.5
Cost Of Education
1. Masters program ( Engineering stream ) - 13500 Euros for entire program Masters program.
2. Masters program ( Business stream)- 15200 Euros for entire program *fee details provided are of informative nature may vary depending on the institution and the study program.
Cost of Living
1. A minimum of €8,000 per year (may vary depending on the accommodation taken and the life style of the student).
Work Rights & Stay Back
1. Part time work rights of 20 hours per week.
2. 2 Year stay back for students who have studied in government institutions.