The land of a thousand forests and lakes and that of the Santa Claus, Finland is one of the best International study destinations both in terms of the quality of its universities and the innovation inducing atmosphere it offers. With the quality of life offered, coupled with the tag one of the safest countries in the world, and a richly endowed nature with four distinct seasons, Finland is too irresistible a study destination.
Population : 5.5 million ?(2017)
GDP : 43,090.25 USD (2016)
Number of universities : 89
Climate - Northern temperate
Currency : Euro
Official Languages : Finnish, Swedish
Why Study in Finland?
1. An affordable study destination.
2. Home to some of the world's finest universities.
3. Country with one of the highest social progress index.
4. Over 300 international study programs available in English.
5. Offers excellent opportunity for innovations.
6. One of the most peaceful and sustainable country of the world.
Education System in Finland
In Finland there are two types of higher educational sectors, universities and polytechnics (also known as universities of applied sciences). Polytechnics provide vocational education whereas universities offer academic and research based education.
The test required are;
1. IELTS or TOEFL scores or any equivalent as a proof of English Proficiency.
2. Diploma programs: Overall band score of 5.0.
3. Bachelor's Degree: Overall band score of 6.0.
4. Masters Programs: Overall band score of 6.0 – 6.5
August-September and January-February.
Cost Of Education
An average of 7500 pounds per year*.
Cost of Living
1. 160- 380 EUR (Shared Apartments) & Single Apartment cost more.
2. Transportation - A public transportation pass for students is between 35 and 50 EUR/month, depending on the city.
3. Food Expenses- around 260 EUR/month.
Work Rights & Stay Back
1. Foreign get work permit automatically which allows them to work up to 20 hours per week during terms and full time during holidays.
2. 1 year.